This past week I was given a gift not once, but twice of an Inspiring Blog award. My friends Jennifer and Sherri gave me this award, which is an incredible honor and a huge surprise for me. Jennifer has been blogging since 2008 about her weight loss journey and love of fashion. Sherri has been sharing her passion for all things Birmingham, life, and now her weight loss journey since 2006. To have these two beautiful, talented, and experienced bloggers consider me an inspiration blows my mind. They were the ones who convinced me to dive into the world of blogging back in November. I aspire to be like these ladies, both from a blogging standpoint and in my daily life. Thank you both so much, you have no idea how much it means to me!
So, to give back to the blogging community, receipt of this award comes with the following tasks:
- Display the award image on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and link to their sites.
- Notify the bloggers that they have been nominated and link to the post.
7 Things About Me
1. I have a fear of random things—dishwashers, food strainers, large sea creatures, and ice.
2. I am OCD about the way I write, whether it be notes, blog posts, or a grocery list—I typically brainstorm on scraps of paper, then rewrite it perfectly. I need the perfect pen, no cross-outs, and perfect spelling or else I have to rewrite it. Go ahead, call me weird.
3. My first language is Ukrainian. I went to a Ukrainian school when I was younger, and when I’m angry I think mean things about people in Ukrainian. Zack can also understand and speak it.
4. I danced for 17 years but am the biggest klutz. I honestly think I lack depth perception. I have scars, scrapes, and bruises all over my body, and two years ago I walked into a door and needed stitches above my eye. Try explaining that convincingly to an ER nurse. “Yes, I walked into a flat door and cut my eye open. I swear.”
5. My sister and I share the same birthday—four years apart—because we Twers are awesome.
6. I have pretty bad eczema. If you notice that I can never sit still and am always clawing at my skin, it’s because I’m always itchy. Always.
7. I have a lovie named Kian that I have slept with since birth. He was once a clown, but has had more reconstructive surgeries than Joan Rivers. I married Zack on the condition that Kian stays with me always. So far, so good.
15 Inspirational Bloggers
- The Writeous Babe Project
- You Don’t Know Zack
- Real Ramble
- Live. Travel. Eat. Run.
- C is for Courtney
- Katie Runs This
- Pavement Runner
- Running…Why You Should Never Say Never
- Vegetarian Barefoot Runner
- Magic City Made
- The Dreamist
- Carol A. Marks
- Grasping for Objectivity
- Write, Clair, write!
- Just A Colorado Gal