Thanksgiving is over, which means it’s officially Christmas song season. Stores, radio stations, and your Spotify are now legally allowed to be on a continuous song loop of the good, the bad, and the weird (hello, Do They Know It’s Christmas?)
We can all agree that classics like The Christmas Song, Let It Snow, and Baby It’s Cold Outside have earned their rightful place on your holiday playlist. Though some argue that Baby It’s Cold Outside is about rape. Hm. I digress. But what about those other songs, the ones you rock out to secretly in your car but would never admit to liking? Everyone has them. Here are some that come to mind for me:
- All I Want For Christmas Is You—C’mon. You know you belt out that last note with Mimi every time
- Dominick the Donkey—Admit it. You hee haw with the best of them, especially toward the end of the song
- I Want a Hippopotamus—What the hell do hippos have to do with Christmas? You don’t care, now you want one
- Hanson/NSync/98 Degrees—It’s not Christmas until your mid-90s CDs come out to play
- The The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don’t Be Late)—Poor Alvin. All he wants is a hula hoop, and you feel for him
What are your secret holiday song loves?